Researching, Teaching & Organizing on The Climate Crisis
From cognitive neuroscience to the climate crisis
After 20 years of doing cognitive neuroscience, Prof Aron shifted to teaching, researching and organizing on the climate and ecological crisis.
These pages document the earlier research effort and the new climate psychology and action lab.
@ucsdgreennewde1 at UCSD. We pushed like crazy to Get our Campus Off the Gas. Now the institution is committed. Check out this amazing poster by PhD student Alex Adriatis, summarizing the path. https://t.co/WGaF6pnYhM https://t.co/uT1Wd5CEUwFour years ago, we started a grassroots climate movement
- May 2003, Adam does podcast interviews with Speaking Out of Place and also Radio Ecoshock.
- January 2023, The Conversation publishes “3 reasons local climate activism is more powerful than people realize“.
- Dec 2022, Adam’s book on the climate crisis is published!
- Oct 2022, Adam’s reviews “A Neurosurgeon’s Climate Fight” in Science Magazine
- May 2022, our first paper from the climate and psychology lab is accepted, a pre-registered report no less! Castiglione et al. Discovering the psychological building blocks underlying climate action – a longitudinal study of real-world activism, Royal Society – Open Science.
- March 2022: Megan Phelps is interviewed by local NPR radio on eco-anxiety and climate activism.
- July 2021: Ricci’s paper “Towards real-world generalizability of a circuit for action-stopping” is published in Nature Reviews Neuroscience.
- July 2021: Adam interviews social and environmental psychologist Kelly Fielding and grassroots organizer Masada Disenhouse.
- April 2021: Adam is interviewed by the UCSD Climate Change Review on the psychology of collective action and activism on campus.